Del Giglio Restaurant started its activity in 1908 as a wine shop, then, step by step, it began a trattoria and the former owner, a Florentine, decided to bring the taste of Tuscany in the capital. Recalling the emblem of his city, he wanted to let clients taste the most famous recipes of his region combining it with those of the roman tradition. In 1952 it was Angelo Vittucci, who had already worked in the restaurant as his father Amedeo did before him, that took over the restaurant continuing the tradition of the typical Roman and Tuscany’s cuisine, always focusing on the use of first quality food and the introduction of some Italian courses that are not part of the roman cuisine. An example is the Carrello dei bolliti misti (Assorted boiled meat – with a large choice from the cart). All served in a friendly atmosphere to let clients feel at home.